It's Friday night and that means our latest tally of failed banks.
This week it's quite a haul. 6 banks were seized.
They are with their costs to the FDIC:
- The Buckhead Community Bank of Atlanta, Georgia - $241.4 million
- First Security National Bank of Norcross, Georgia - $30.1 million
- The Tattnall Bank of Reidsville, Georgia - $13.9 million
- AmTrust Bank of Cleveland, Ohio - $2 billion
- Benchmark Bank of Aurora, Illinois - $64 million
- Greater Atlantic Bank of Reston, Virginia - $35 million
AmTrust is the 4th largest bank failure this year and had survived the Great Depression.
Here's a map from CNN of the location of the bank failures: